Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi have a headlight ? I have a 1999 1500 se and was thinking about putting piaa bulbs in but was told by one dealer that they may not make much difference on that year because the way they reflect does this sound right would like more light thanks.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

Put a coupla PIAA's in the headlight of my '98 SE............liked the results. Only issue is that they ARE expensive. Do look for the vibration resistant bulbs which PIAA offers.
Others seem to find good results from Sylvania Silverstars, etc.

Perhaps he was referring to the fact that the '98 - 2000 already have an improved headlight and already provide better illumination than the previous models do............'jes conjecture on my part. As I say, though, I was very happy with the results and prefer the whiter light.............is seems to help with my night vision.

T.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

PIAA on the GL1500 works well. One year at the British Treffen there was a vendor with it set up on a GL1500 headlight. He also had another GL1500 headlight with normal bulbs (the two headlights were set beside one another on a wooden board) and the PIAA was the brighter by a long way.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Will a stock 1500 alternator handle the extra wattage of PIAA over the stock rated bulb wattage

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,588 Posts
imported post

Which PIAA lights are you guys referring to? They offer a bunch of choices in H-4.

Newday. The bulbs are standard 55/60, so most GL15 owners are already using the equivalent with no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

In the 99 you need the washers to fit standard H4 bulbs. Get the washers and some GP Thunder H4 130/90 in 8500K from Ebay, best upgrade I ever did to mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.