Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Never done this with a bike. How do you set the proper heigth.

·
Administrator
26,145 Posts
imported post

Set it as high as you can without having cars flash their high beams at you.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

frankenpak wrote:
Never done this with a bike. How do you set the proper height.
I suppose it's a matter of taste as to how you want it set, but maybe you are asking HOW to set it?

There is a knob directly behind the headlight inside the space between the back of the fairing and the bike. It may be covered up by your gauges, or radio, etc... Depending on what extras you have on your bike.

Which Aspencade do you have, and does it have the factory radio?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I have the aspencade, and it has the knob. I will set it using my garage door. Thank You

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Around here it's easy to find a lonely country road with a straight level stretch to work with. I just sit on the bike with as much of my weight and adjust the headlight to a point on high beam that is as far as it will shine and still give me good details of what is lit up. Once that is done then i switch to low beam to see if it's too high, if not then I'm done. If low beam is too high then i split the middle of the high and low beam settings till I'm satisfied with both.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

frankenpak wrote:
I have the aspencade, and it has the knob. I will set it using my garage door. Thank You
'82 or '83? Reason I ask, is the big digital pod makes the knob harder to spot.....

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

On the 1500 I've never been able to find a good setting for the headlight. If you set the low beam where it does any good the high beam is aiming for the sky. Set the high beam to a good angle and the low beam aims at the fender. I didn't have as much problem finding a good angle setting on my 1100.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

To set a headlight on a bike, you measure off 25 feet from your garage door to the headlight of your bike. A line must be marked on the garage door at exactly the same height as the center of the bikes headlight. The bike cannot be on the center stand or the side stand & the rider should be on the bike to slightly compress the suspension.

Turn on your lights. switch to high beam. With the steering strait, rider on the bike, the top of the headlight beam should be equal to but not higher than the horizontal line marked on the garage door.

That is a default or factory adjustment. you must now tweak it to your needs.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
On the 1500 I've never been able to find a good setting for the headlight. If you set the low beam where it does any good the high beam is aiming for the sky. Set the high beam to a good angle and the low beam aims at the fender. I didn't have as much problem finding a good angle setting on my 1100.
I agree, so I set my low beam where I want it & then use the driving lites to enhance the Hi beam.:action::action:

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thank You, that sound's good, I'll try it tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.