Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday morning, bright and early, heading down to Houston, TX to attend the NRA annual meeting. Looking forward to getting on the road, it's been a long winter.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Good luck and bon voyage on the trip! Be sure and tell everyone that Colin Noir is an excellent spokesman for the NRA. I've watched his videos for awhile and always check for new ones.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
my ex wife lives in Houston. if I sent a picture, could you maybe take of that issue for me. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Have a good trip. Would love to go to the shot show and NRA meeting some year.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Be safe!! Enjoy the ride!!

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Enjoy the trip and comvention . Wish I could make it myself . I hope I get to at least watch the keynote speaker on the web .

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Be safe, was thinking of going to the convention myself but it's not in the cards this year! Maybe another time. They do good work and contrary to popular opinion, they represent a lot of good people (not just the industry)!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You takin the 'Wing, or the Valk'?
The Valk. It is just a little better machine for the long haul. Plus it will be warm down South, and it is a little better in the heat too.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I am jealous! Just kidding, have fun and represent. Been an NRA member for many years.

·
Premium Member
67,667 Posts
Have Fun...........

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
Life member here, would love to go but will have to wait for retirement.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Put in 550 miles today, (got a late start). I was riding and contemplating riding, and was wondering what it is about a motorcycle that makes me feel complete. I started riding when I was about 8 years old, (a mini bike). That would be close to 50 years, and I have ridden steady since I was old enough to have my own bike, 39 years ago. There is still a thrill about hitting the open rode that I cannot explain.

BTW, the Valk is simply running great She and I are one with the road, and I love that motorcycle. I hope to God I didn't jinx the trip, but since I don't believe in jinx's, I will just cross my fingers and hope she keeps running good! :praying:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tpday's ride report. Awesome day riding, started out in the 50's in Mountain Home Idaho, and ended up in the 80's in Moab, UT. 650 miles today, started at 8:00 am and checked into motel Monticello UT at 7:00 pm. Ready for a long sleep, hopefully some yaywho doesn't call my cell phone at 11:39 pm like they did last night.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Tpday's ride report. Awesome day riding, started out in the 50's in Mountain Home Idaho, and ended up in the 80's in Moab, UT. 650 miles today, started at 8:00 am and checked into motel Monticello UT at 7:00 pm. Ready for a long sleep, hopefully some yaywho doesn't call my cell phone at 11:39 pm like they did last night.
I don't have your cell number!
YET

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Sunday morning, bright and early, heading down to Houston, TX to attend the NRA annual meeting. Looking forward to getting on the road, it's been a long winter.

I'll be there Saturday, too. I doubt I'll ever have another chance this close to home. I was raised in the Houston area. A quick tip on Houston traffic...it's usually not tooooo bad between 2:35 and 2:38 AM. Ride safe.

Chief

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll be there Saturday, too. I doubt I'll ever have another chance this close to home. I was raised in the Houston area. A quick tip on Houston traffic...it's usually not tooooo bad between 2:35 and 2:38 AM. Ride safe.

Chief
Drop by the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network booth and be sure to ask for me so we can shake hands. It is 24xx something.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ride report:

Today was an endurance day, as the scenery was pretty poor most of the day. Wide open skys and lots of sage brush. 90 degrees most of the day. Make it to Littlefield TX, a little over 600 miles today. Could have done another hundred, but the wind picked up fierce and looked dark ahead.

Boy, it sure pays to pay attention. Coming into Ft. Sumner NM today, and saw a wide load with pilot car coming towards me. And then, BIG truck coming in my lane, passing the wide load. If I hadn't seen what was happening ahead of me, I would have looked like one of those bugs on my windshield. But, just pulled over onto the shoulder, and watched them go by two abreast. Amazing. Never a cop around when you need one. That was the closest call so far, and it wasn't even a heart pumper.

Tomorrow, a leasurely day into Houston.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.