Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 88 GL 1500 with a Motortrike kit on it and was wondering if there is any other headlight adjustments on the machine? I checked and the headlight adjuster works fine. Are there other screws that bring the headlight up that I am missing?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the board 5youngs. I thought there was a screw under the lower headlight grille that allows you to adjust the headlight up more? It's a while since I looked but that's my recollection now.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

From the Clymer manual

1. To adjust the headlight vertically, perform the following.

a. To make a large verticle adjustment turn the adjusting knob clockwise down, counterclockwise up

b. To make a minor verticle adjustment, remove the trim holder. Then turn the adjusting screw clockwise up or counterclockwise down.

This screw is located dead center above the headlight.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

GWEddie and Tonys96,

Thanks for the replies. I will take the trim off again and try the headlight adjuster right above the top of the headlight.

Mark

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Last night I adjusted the headlight correctly. After Tonys96 mentioned from the manual to turn counterclockwise to raise the headlight I tried it and it did work!!

When I took the headlight assembly apart I assumed by the looks of the adjuster pin on the back of the headlight that pushing the pin in caused the headlight to raise, but it was the exact opposite. I was turning the adjuster on the fairing/dashboard clockwise and it was dropping the headlight. After following the instructions to turn counterclockwise the headlight immediately started to raise up!!

Thanks for both of your replies,

Mark

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Inernet 5youngs!:waving::waving:

Sorry not to catch you on your first post. Glad to see the fellows could get your problem sorted (I'd of said straightened out but this Irish site is warping my speech)!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Inernet 5youngs!:waving::waving:

Sorry not to catch you on your first post. Glad to see the fellows could get your problem sorted (I'd of said straightened out but this Irish site is warping my speech)!
I'd say the Irish are well outnumbered here now Paul! :band:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

DJ wrote:
exavid wrote:

I'd say the Irish are well outnumbered here now Paul! :band:
Ah yes, but the mellifluous flow of their speech and thought come through.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Ah yes, but the mellifluous flow of their speech and thought come through.
Is that what it's called now...Seems to me I've heard it called something else...can't remember I think it started with a "B"

:D

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Amazin' ain't it? It starts with a B in Ireland and in the US.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Yes and Redwing has to be the master of mellifluous flow, over 2000 posts full of it! But sure the forum wouldn't be the same without him, would it? We all love Redwing. :kissing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.