Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought a 1992 Goldwing SE. The headlight is out of whack. The lights point mostly up into the trees. I have tried turning the adjustment knob but no matter how much I turn the knob I cannot get the lights to move up or down. Does this mean the adjustment system is broken? If so, how complex to fix and what do I have to take apart to get at it?

The trees look nice but I would rather see the road :D

Scott

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

cable has probably broken or come off the fittings mine is the same but points right on the road so i have not bothered with it twil do fur me

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

goinggold wrote:
I bought a 1992 Goldwing SE. The headlight is out of whack. The lights point mostly up into the trees. I have tried turning the adjustment knob but no matter how much I turn the knob I cannot get the lights to move up or down. Does this mean the adjustment system is broken? If so, how complex to fix and what do I have to take apart to get at it?

The trees look nice but I would rather see the road :D

Scott
First off Welcome to this great site!

I'm not familar with the 1500 as I only have a 1200 so hopefully someone can give you some help soon.

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi scott welcome to the forum on the head light ajuster just behind the HL there is a two finger gizmo that tilts the HL forward or back if one of these is broke it wont tilt remove the pannel below the windscreenone scew under eachmirror side mount put the windscreen locks in the open pos slide the pannel to the left remove the small grill under the HL two screws then unbolt the headlight walah gizmo in front of you if broken you can pack with cardboard till you get the pos you need and leave it like that ,when you have the bike two up the HL will auto point tothe sky

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

with after market panels it will butt up and stop...untill you turn it and break the cable like i did...i just shimmed the lamp till i get to fixing it...got the cable but too lazy on that one!!

·
Premium Member
61,360 Posts
imported post

Could the alan screw that holds the knob on come loose enough to spin and not turn the cable ??

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the info. After taking the adjustment assembly out, it turns out the adjustment nut (the part that the chrome knob attaches to) was stripped out. So it was turning just not pulling the cable in or out. In case anyone else has this problem it is called the Nut Beam Adj. And oem number is 33117-MN5-003 . Best part is the cost was .95 cents to fix. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.