Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,951 Posts
All the relays in that box are 20A. Don't know why but one has a different part number. Probably the one you're looking for.

I'd try Honda car parts. Wouldn't be surprised to find out they used the same bits and pieces.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
All the relays in that box are 20A. Don't know why but one has a different part number. Probably the one you're looking for.

I'd try Honda car parts. Wouldn't be surprised to find out they used the same bits and pieces.
I am pretty sure the main relay is not in the fuse box. It is a stand alone relay.
I bet the different part number for the odd relay in the box might well be because it is normally closed????? Most are normally open. :)

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
2 blades appear to be copper and the other 2 look brass in this relay - would i need to find an exact match? - it has control over 4 things - horn,turn,headlight and brake - or will any 4 blade relay of the same dimensions work

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
well,i bashed the relay in question with a screwdriver handle and its been working - rode to work and back,33 miles 4 times - i know its going to crap out again soon,so the hunt continues for a replacement

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
OK - Is there an article or vid somewhere - thanks
Read post #20 again. Here is a link to one example. It is just described as a 12 volt 30 amp cube relay. Relays that are rated higher than that are fine also. This one happens to be 40 amp. Autozone, NAPA O'Reilley's etc. should stock them. Ask for the plug too. It will save you time and make the job better for a couple of bucks.

http://www.partdeal.com/kysor-5-ter...MI1cT5raPm2gIVCtvACh1Y5QvLEAQYBSABEgLYaPD_BwE

https://www.parts-express.com/12-vd...source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,962 Posts
You could probably get the correct one from Honda if you could find it in the catalog.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe that this is a big problem and must be solved immediately because otherwise many inconveniences can happen that could have been avoided. I also had such a case and on the same day, I went to buy another flashlight that shines great in the dark and is comfortable to use so as not to have serious and unpleasant incidents. In general, I am a person who likes safety and I always do everything to feel that I am not in the slightest danger because life has priority and deserves to be protected to the fullest.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts