Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:)Hi Guys,Hope all is well with you.

I just thought of changing the headlight bulbs for the brighter ones that are available in the auto shops and stores,first thing I`ve done is check the manual to see how the headlamp unit comes off seewhat bulb type I had.It sounded easy in the haynes manual but when I checked it out all was not it seems that the top half off the fairingneeds to come off the lamp looks locked inbehind the side lights,.Has anyone upgraded their lights (was it worth it ) Is it an easyish job my bike is 1997 1500 espancade,my existing lights are working fine just like that extra brightness.

While on the subject of lights like many I have spots fitted on the bar that sits unber the fairing headlight unit good ones but what do you find is the best set-up on these I`ve been advised to set them up with the beams crossing over as its good in the narrow roads that run through our countryside U K.

You comments would be welcome .

cheers to all again Peter:clapper:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi ,,it is a very easy job to do and will take you around an hour in all,,first let off the windscreen adjusters ,so the front garnish is loose ,,then pull back the mirror rubbers and you will see a philips head screw holding on the Garnish on each side ..take out the screws and hold the garnish and gently slide it to one side and it will come off really easy ,,

You can then see the top bolts of the headlights ,,,and the bottom one are located behind the grill just below the garnish ,,take out the 2 screws and you will find the bolts for the bottom of the headlight ,,You do not have to remove the indicators ,,when you let go the headlight bolts the headlight will come forward and you can disconnect the multi-plug and change the bulbs on the bench at ease ...i have done this several times ,when I had the 1500 ,I wish the 1800 was a simple ..cheers Ciaran:waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.