Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I need to change the headlightbulb in my 96 gl1500se,is this a dealer item or will any of the parts stores have this? and how much$$$

Thanks Jeff

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
imported post

Most auto parts houses have them. I bought mine from Schuck's in Seattle. Take your old bulb in just to be sure the tabs line up.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I went ahead and changed both bulbs to the after market bulbs from the parts houses. My concern was that the ones I took out said 45 watt and the replacements are 55-60 watt. I think they will only pull about 2.5 more amps. This must not be a problem since it sounds like most people are using them.

Thanks agian for the help, Jeff

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

Jeff, I've put 2 130/90 watt H-4 bulbs in my 1500 and have had no problems, but they are a lot brighter. And they are all-weather bulbs, with a yellow tint that works very well in the wet., and might be more noticable to other traffic.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

Auto Parts store sell all kind of H4, stay away from bulbs above 60W. you can melt the connector or the starter switch.

if you want the best light go for a bixenon hid kit. look at ebay, less than 100 bucks nowadays...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.