Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A question for the Iron butts among you. Has anybody actually broken a head light on the 1800? And if you had, would a headlight protector have saved it? I was thinking of getting a headlight protector and was wondering if it's Worth it.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

I've never broken a headlight but a friend lost a chunk of plastic from his protector when a stone flew up. I'm sure it saved his headlight and I've never ridden without one since. Money well spent in my opinion.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I would agree with underwing, :clapper:Anything to do with safety must be bucks well spent. :clapper:I dont have one fitted on my :18red:but I might put it on my :santahat:list.

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

I had one of those plastic hl protectors on my gl1500. But one day in the rain it fell off (the velcro must have weakened in the rain) and took a chunk out of the paint on my mudguard. So while it may have saved my headlamp I ended up shelling out for the mudguard to be sprayed. I think I'll take my chances in future and do without a headlamp protector. :X

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Reddy wrote:
I had one of those plastic hl protectors on my gl1500. But one day in the rain it fell off (the velcro must have weakened in the rain) and took a chunk out of the paint on my mudguard. So while it may have saved my headlamp I ended up shelling out for the mudguard to be sprayed. I think I'll take my chances in future and do without a headlamp protector. :X
Hey Reddy, Dont do that, :waving:keep your HL Protector. :clapper: What you need to buy now is a Mudguard Protector. :grinner:

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Just a note on the subject of headlamp protectors for the GL1800. I bought a set in June this year from HGB, London and they didn't fit the headlamps. I subsequently found out that since the very first original 1800 appeared in 2001 they have slightly modified the headlamp shape. HGB have confirmed that the protectors for a 2001 early model will not fit bikes from 2002 on. There is very little in it but they definately will not fit. I would advise you to make sure you order the right ones to fit or they will have to be sent back. Steve from HGB didn't know this until he put the ones I gave him backup againstseveral 1800's at the British Treffen. Only bike they fitted was a very early 2001 model so it is better to make sure the dealer doesn't send you old 2001 stock if you have a 2002 or laterbike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.