Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

What do you guys think of a LED headlamp? Found one @ www.truck-lite .com,7-inch 12-volt led headlamp.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

At almost $400 per bulb, I think I'll wait around for the technology to mature a bit.

For truckers who burn the lamps all night, they might replace 6-8 bulbs a year. The return on investment comes quick.

For us, even with our lights on full time.. a little math for me....

$24 (our bulbs)
1,200 hours per bulb.

We can buy 16 bulbs, for the cost of one LED.
19,200 hours for $400

We can average about 55mph (at most).

So..... if you think you will put more than 1,056,000 miles on your bike..... you might want to look into $400 lightbulbs!

:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Yea too pricey for me but was thinking about voltage draw on the bike by going all LED front to back and all in between .

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

2tone wrote:
Yea too pricey for me but was thinking about voltage draw on the bike by going all LED front to back and all in between .
Are you trying to add more lights and don't have enough power? Seems to me the system is pretty well designed as it is, why bother changing all to LEDs? I have driving lights on sometimes (2x55w), and I have a Vetter trunk with 4 tail/brake lights wired in. I don't have any problems discharging the battery or anything. The LEDs do last longer, but how often do you have to change bulbs now? I changed a couple in the last couple years...

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

:waving: :ssshh: I now have my hands on a 12V version of this head light Part Number 07380

If it makes it back to the states, I'll be trying it out on one of the wings, and let you guys know how it looks.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Hope it makes it back bro, and you too! Thanks for serving! How is the out put on those lights? I just got off the phone w/Truck Lites, distributor here says $272 for one headlight?????? Owch!
God Bless
Stu

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

thanks New

The out put from what I've seen on the military vehicles is actually really bright. there running the 24v versions and of course have 2 of them. If I can get a pic of one with the lights on at night I'll upload a pic.

More to follow on the 12v one

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

:applause: Yea the light made it thru, I should have it when I get home. I'll probably be starting a seperate thread on the LED Headlight so everyone can see what its like.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

:applause: Yea the light made it thru, I should have it when I get home. I'll probably be starting a seperate thread on the LED Headlight so everyone can see what its like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.