Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Now that is is close to the deer rutting season in IA and the deer are moving, the bike is ready to be winterized. I was thinking about winter projects. Does anyone know of brighter headlights than the OEM lites? I heard the GL1800 lites are so much better than the 1500's, can the 1500's beimproved? Thanks...safe riding everyone.

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

do a search for phillips globes, you pay lots for them but quality does cost.:goofygrin::goofygrin:

p.s i run them in mine and it is just as good as the car lights

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Hey taffy, everyone wants to know but their too afraid to ask!which way does the water swirl in the toilet when you flush it?:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

i can never tell, i have a hole in the ground!!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

good question though :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I asked some Australians attending my school that same question last week & they asked "?????????????? why would you look ?":baffled::baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

I run PIA Super Plasma GT-X 135/120w bulbs. They've been in all of this year with no problems but super bright :D. Pricey though. I put these in after running through an un-lit curved tunnel in British Columbia last year on a really bright day. Scared the b'geezes out of me:shock:. Haven't been back to see if these would make a difference but they are definately much better than stock bulbs.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

I installed theSilverstars 55/60 Watt. These are theH4. You need to get the Silverstars that specifically says for motorcycle use onlyon the box.

They run about $20.00 USDapiece at AutoZone, Pepboys etc. You may need to get the H4shims.

On a Goldwing 1500 SE You need 2 of them.

Thy really light up the road. On a dark night I can see the small blue dots (Deer Eyes)on the side of the road or in the road before I see the Deer or other animal (depending on the color of the eye.)

They have saved my Bacon (Pardon the Pun) on several occasions now.

I love those lights!

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Agree with dareman. Silverstars 55/60 Watt. Made a big difference on the GL 1100A since it only has one headlight bulb.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
imported post

Went to local Wally World and they only had the Silver Star 9003ST on a twin pack for nearly $39 couldn't find the 9003ST on a single card (they had most of the other ones on a single card).

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

Hi,Not sure if this will help,but have a look on the internet for HID lights.Ihave seen a video on these and a 35 watt bulb is all you would need.Instead of the yellow light you get from halogen lightsthese are bright white.They are expensive but well worth the money if you really want to see where you are going.If you type in bright lights & auto parts an Australian company you will be able to read info and then source in your country.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

To the best of my limitted knowledge on this matter, I believe the HID system is relaint on the design of the reflector and putting genuine HID bulbs in a standard light is not a good idea. There are phake HID bulbs that claim tremendous improvements but . . . .

I'm sure some more knowledgable persons will chime in on this as the thread evolves.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

I'll agree with Dareman & Wichita Scorpion, the Silverstars are awesome. I put one in my 86 Aspy and couldn't believe the difference. I like them so well that I've converted all of our vehicles over to them.

Cheers,

FTO

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.