Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Don't know.... but at that price, probably worth a shot.... think I'll get one! Thanks for posting it...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Don't know.... but at that price, probably worth a shot.... think I'll get one! Thanks for posting it...
yeah cusin jack for that price i just might try one to. even if it yellowed in a year you could still afford to get another one. they seem to have pretty good prices on there stuff. i just ordered a couple of timing belt tensioners from them for 61bucks a piece. the local honda stealer wants 90 bucks each.:shock: btw, i like the looks of that ural side car. i saw one in maupin, oregon last summer when were rafting the deschutes. got to sit on it and it fit pretty good. sure would be fun on the logging roads around here in the mountains. but i am a little hesitant as it only has a flat out top end of around 75mph so it would be working pretty hard to even keep up a pace of 65.

cyclepath

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, I've got one probably the same type as Fatalattraction. It's got a couple chips in the plastic that might have broken the glass on the headlight assembly so I think it's paid me back several times already. In a lot of areas from now to early summer is the high risk time for rock damage because of all the "sand" they've spread on the roads. Take a look at the replacement cost of your headlight glass, protection is well worth it.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Cyclepath.... years ago, Red and I hooked up a used Motorvation sidecar to our '81 Interstate so we could take our boy along.

Left it on for three or four years. Not exactly "motorcycling" but it was fun! Went like stink.....and handled gravel and dirt roads like nobody's business. Rode it up the Alaskan Highway.....

Only problem, when the kid rebelled and wouldn't ride in it anymore, I took it off..... but then had trouble at traffic lights putting my foot down! Had gotten out of the habit, you see! Sure looked dumb, pulling up real cool to a stopsign or red light... and then slowly toppling over like somebody on "Laugh In"! Took away all my cool!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Cyclepath.... years ago, Red and I hooked up a used Motorvation sidecar to our '81 Interstate so we could take our boy along.

Left it on for three or four years. Not exactly "motorcycling" but it was fun! Went like stink.....and handled gravel and dirt roads like nobody's business. Rode it up the Alaskan Highway.....

Only problem, when the kid rebelled and wouldn't ride in it anymore, I took it off..... but then had trouble at traffic lights putting my foot down! Had gotten out of the habit, you see! Sure looked dumb, pulling up real cool to a stopsign or red light... and then slowly toppling over like somebody on "Laugh In"! Took away all my cool!
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: that's pretty funny cousin jack.

cyclepath

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.