Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys . i have never bvefore used the intercom or cb feature on any bike so the wires and the controls are screwy to me.
I have a few questions. i was given a pair of helmet ear speakers . The one lead is a small red 2 wire connector which i beleive is for a mic . I need to purchase a mic.
2nd lead is an 8 pin cable and will not fit directly into the 5 pin female connector on the bike.
Is this correct and the extension cable goes from 8 to 5? or do I have a ear speaker system that will not work with my 1500? Will i need to purchase different headset?

·
On a Wing & a KLR
287 Posts
Do you know whose system you have?? Everyone does something different with cables. Can you put some pictures up?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
hey guys . i have never bvefore used the intercom or cb feature on any bike so the wires and the controls are screwy to me.
I have a few questions. i was given a pair of helmet ear speakers . The one lead is a small red 2 wire connector which i beleive is for a mic . I need to purchase a mic.
2nd lead is an 8 pin cable and will not fit directly into the 5 pin female connector on the bike.
Is this correct and the extension cable goes from 8 to 5? or do I have a ear speaker system that will not work with my 1500? Will i need to purchase different headset?
I assume the 8-pin cable is short? If that's the case then yes, you just need the lower cable to connect to the bike. It will go from 8 pins to the 5-pin bike connector. What shape is the 8-pin connector? That might help us identify it for you, a picture would be great. That small lead for the mic also should have 2 wires, not just one, but they will be bundled together and terminate at a flat connector, if it's J&M. Not sure about other brands.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.