Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi, I have posted the same question some time ago. Reading theservice manual I saw a schematic in the fuel pump section showing a filter on the fuel pump. There are three option: SE, ASP with CB and Asp w/o CB.

My GW is a SE w/o CB, and it seems there is no difference in the cabling with or w/o CB.And in thepicture at the end of the electrical troubleshooting manual (n. 59) the filteris clearly visible.

The same for the alternator.

As I don't have those filters installed, I need them or not? They could help to eliminate the noise?

Thanks guys

Andrea

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
imported post

If its a GL1500 and you want the filter Sierra sells it on their website.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HON%2DGL15%2DCB%2DFIL%2DFP

It is still available from honda too but I don't have the part number for it. I bought mine from them.

They also have the Alternator filter (which is probablywhat you are hearing) and the air pump filter.

If its a whine that goes up with RPM its usually Alternator whine. Ground loop isolators work if it is an external system, not sure how you would add one into the comm system on the wing.

steve

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Hi Andrea. The Sierra filters do really work, its usually the alternator that causes the noise.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks to all,

I'll try to contact Sierra to ask if they sell intern. I checked the alternator and it seems a filter is already on. I read a procedure on the service manual to test if it really works.

Thanks

Andrea

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Hi,

I wrote two times to Sierra with no answer. Is there anyone available which has a Paypal account who can help me? :DI would like to buy the fuel pump and alternator filters.

Thanks anyway

Andrea :waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.