Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

OK guys, I'm in need of another new headset.

Which ones are the best. GL1500 stock radio/C.B.

I'm getting harder of hearing and keep the radio on the speakers when I'm listening, so high fidelity is not a concern.

My primary interest is for intercom and C.B. use.

In the past I've used evey type of J & M and Honda headsets.

Has anyone used the "Edsets" and if so how do they compare to J & M and Hondas.

Am I real tough on headsets or does everyone replace them every other year or so.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Hey...Nice bike.

Let me know how they work, the mic is starting to go bad on my current headset so I've got a little time before I have to replace.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

I fitted Edsets about a month ago to my 1992 1500 Interstate and have found them to be fantastic. They were a lot cheaper than J&Mand easy to install.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Ciaran,

I just happened to have been browsing them also... http://edsets.com/

The GWRRA touts them as being the best.

Cheers!

Don

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

If the mike on your headset is starting to go and you really want to be cheap :) get a used CB mike and take the mike out and epoxy it onto the boom. It worked for my buddy and he is cheap :) When you put the foam sock on you will never know the difference.
Heck I repaired a set of Honda headsets ear phones with a pair out of a 1.00 set from the dollar store. I only use the headset for the CB anyway.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

tricky wrote:
If the mike on your headset is starting to go and you really want to be cheap :) get a used CB mike and take the mike out and epoxy it onto the boom. It worked for my buddy and he is cheap :) When you put the foam sock on you will never know the difference.
Heck I repaired a set of Honda headsets ear phones with a pair out of a 1.00 set from the dollar store. I only use the headset for the CB anyway.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll just replace it.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
OK guys, I'm in need of another new headset.

Which ones are the best. GL1500 stock radio/C.B.

I'm getting harder of hearing and keep the radio on the speakers when I'm listening, so high fidelity is not a concern.

My primary interest is for intercom and C.B. use.

In the past I've used evey type of J & M and Honda headsets.

Has anyone used the "Edsets" and if so how do they compare to J & M and Hondas.

Am I real tough on headsets or does everyone replace them every other year or so.

Get the edsets - they now come is individual bits and pieces and connect together easily. The set I purchased was called "Sonic N Vader" as I have a flip front helmet. :leprechaun:

Install can be done with one hand tied behind your back. The only "gotcha" would be in positioning the microphone as you need to cut a hole. Once installed sound is good and wind noise is minimal :coollep:

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

Forgot to mention but my wife and I have new HJC helmets and by good luck the microphones supplied by Edsets fit perfectly into one of the round breather holes at mouth level. They could not have been designed better. This saved having to drill the helmets.

Regards to all,

John S.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

Have to say up until recently i have always used J & M. after baulking at the cost of the new headset i brought one on the new Edset Sonic Vader headsets, and i have to say they are as good as J & M if not better. The sevice is second to none as well - in my normal hamfisted rush i buggered the mic up. Needed a repalcement in a hurry I contacted Ed and he couriered not one but two mics over to the uk for me. Highly recommend Edsets you will be well looked after

rgds

Phil

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Phil, that's the kind of information I an looking for.

I've used both J & M and Honda since 1983, the Honda ones used to hold up real well, J & M was cheaper for a while, then they started there upper, lower cord B.S. they do have some cool electronic gadgets, but I think they've forgotten the customer is what got them where they are today.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
imported post

I can make some comment about Edset and Chatterbox as I have just installed and used them both.

Sound quality better on the Edset. Material quality appears better on the edset. Windnoise reduction seems much better on the Edset. Only thing I like better about the Chatterbox is the connector on the side of the helmet -vs- the dangling connector on the Edset. I'm going to add one of the "windsock deflectors" made in Michigan to the Chatterbox set in my Wife's helmet to see if that helps. With intercom on and turned up to point where I can hear her the windnoise manifests itself like crackling paper. Bob

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

This is good timing. I bought a pair of edsets a few weeks ago and needed some additional dual lock for the mic boom...I messed mine up. I also have a little wind noise in the mic for the passenger set. Ed immediately emailed me back, is sending what I need tomorrow, and suggested trying to put a small balloon tightly over the passenger mic. He said it will still talk fine. Seems like a good company to deal with.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
imported post

Several weeks ago I saw posts where folks were gushing about a specific brand of headset as I'd like to get one for my Wing. I searched for keywords and found this thread so although I couldn't remember the name of the headset or the post, this one appears to have the highest rating from members of this site.; I'm bumping this thread up to see what new comments might come up. Keep posting, Wingers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.