Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been lurking on the board for quite a while, but this is my first post. I have learned a lot of great info.

Here is my question:

I have a '93 GL1500 Aspencade and need to get a pair of headsets soon.

I have never owned or used headsets before, so I would be interested in everyone's opinions on the best brand/model to buy.

Things that will be considered in my choice are:
1. I listen to a lot of music, so good sound quality is important
2. I would rather not have a brand where the boom mic attaches to the outside of the
helmet
3. I don't want to spend a fortune. I would like to be in the $150-200 range
($300-400 for the pair), or less if such a thing exists

Thanks for your input.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/225

hi rzz and welcome to the forum i run with the J&M in the link the sound is perfect just make sure you have the speakers lined up with your ears they detatch with velco as from the box you will see how they are attached and at 77 bucks you have a bit left over for some other goodies

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

agnogel: Cyclemax says for 1200 and 1500. If it's a 5 pin should it also fit my 1100? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

I use "the cheaper" J&M. Good enough for communication, but I know there are better ones if you like "good quality" music.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

gido wrote:
agnogel: Cyclemax says for 1200 and 1500. If it's a 5 pin should it also fit my 1100? Thanks.
Should fit. All the 5 pin din plugs on all the Goldwings are the same although some makes are incompatable if they are rubbish, like the N-com ones I bought!!!!:X:X

So the J&M's should be fine gido. :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

If you like to listen to music and that is a daily thing on the bike then there are two that are pretty equal.

The J and M 584 is a good one
The Edsets are excellet

Edsets are thinner earpiece, or were, but now J an M has some that are very thin also.

Either one is good.

Kit

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
imported post

A little note about J&M they have GREAT service. If you go to their site make sure you order the right set for your type of helmet 1/2 3/4 full or whatever you need.

If your using a mike a mike mute would be recommended because mike is live all the time.

Trikester

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.