Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Ah - sorry Resdog - didn't realize you had a 1200... I had one years ago but it's been too long to remember how the set-up worked... It was definitely different than the 1500 so I'll take your word for it and extend apologies for not realizing you had a 1200...

When I had my 1200, I built a custom CB panel for it using a Cobra CB radio that mounted in the saddlebag... Then I cannibalized the control head and used those connections for my front panel... Some where around here I have the article they did on it in Wing World on it... That CB worked really well and utilized an electret mic which I also integrated into my boom mic housing - the radio had fantastic audio - crystal clear and plenty of it... I still use the older Airrider mics with the external 9 volt battery and electret mics - great audio from those set-ups...

Les
I also use a elect mic, the audio from these mics are very good, much better than a dynamic mic.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
You said it Terry - I love the electret mics... Wish someone would start making headsets again with them...

Les
Dadztoy, I made my own headsets for both mine and the wife's helmet, the circuit board attaches to a small housing on the side of the helmet and I use two of the Energizer 2032 3 volt batteries to power the mic. So far it's been a year and the mic's are operating great.

I'll post a picture of the helmets

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.