Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I now need to purchase two headsets for our helmets. I found these from J&M and would like to know if anyone has experience with them.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?PF=12&ProductID=HS-8146-OF

They seem to be the best value and quality for the money and comes with all the necessary hardware to just "plug and play". Any one have some comments or other headsets recommended?

Harry

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

Harry,

I just installed a new set of "Edsets" and love them. My last set were 8 year old J&M's and there is no comparison. Itoo studied the many posts on various forums trying to find the best set for the money. I've yet to read a negative post about Edsets. My favorite part is the price. Good Luck

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Edset fan as well and I have a pair of J&Ms to test against.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Edsets, less wind noise and better sound. This from a 12 year J&M user!

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I bought my aspy in 85 along with two pair of Hondaline headsets. Along they way they have been partially rewired but they keep going.
I don't use headsets for listening to music, only intercom and cb.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

The Hondaline sets are actually J&M ones with a Hondaline badge and price tag.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I just looked at the EdSets web site and everything looked great until I saw the price. I thought they were competitive with J&M and less expensive.The headset they are offering is $60 more expensive than the J&M. That would be an extra $120 for me to purchasetwo EdSets.

Is J&M THAT inferrior? :baffled:

Harry

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Last time I looked, the top of the line Eds were about $159 a set. The basic "Economy"J&Ms are the cheapo ones that the mounting bracket doesn't last too long. The Elite ones for $219 are the ones you should compare with the Eds.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

Ibought 2 sonic n-vader Edsets for$109.00 each last week. I think the boom modelis $159.00. Remeber, you will not need anything else, Kits is complete. They even include the 5 pin connector cable that runs down to your bike.

Steve

ps. I know the web site states to allow 7-10 days for delivery, but I received mine 4.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

EdSets it is. Best value and quality.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Edsets have come a long way. Prices are not as cheap as they used to be, but then again the quality of the headsets is much improved this last couple of years as well.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Well it sure seems overwhelming in support for the EdSets over any other brand. I am going to a District Rally next month and will be holding off purchasing until I see all the vendors there. Seems hard to beat EdSets.

Are there ANY satisfied J&M or other useres out there?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I just ordered some Edsets, Simple Sonics yesterday. I didn't order the set with a mike since I'm the only one I knowwho has a CB ontheir bike. I'll post my opinion about the Edsets after I have checked them out.

Bob

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

If you have used JMs in the past I think you will be surprised at the difference in the Eds. Bear in mind that listening to music on any headsets won't be the same as through the bikes speakers, but Eds don't suffer from wind noise as bad as JMs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.