Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I own a samsung rugby phone, I believe it's a droid. Going from a flip phone to this, is a huge step in technology for me. Anyway, I like playing my music when I'm riding my bikes, but when the phone rings, I have to pull over and stop to answer it. I need a headset, so that when the phone rings, I can answer it I never have any passengers, so it's just me being a solo rider. But I need a headset, that I can take from bike to bike. It's kind of confusing with all the different headsets out there, but I'm looking for something that would work for my situation. I do ride with a 3 quarter helmet. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Cardo Scala Bluetooth helmet headset...works great!!There is an option to buy a single headset..check out Ebay also. I was able to pick one up for less that$60. Just gave it to friend since I upgraded to a two up system.

http://www.cardosystems.com/

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

wingpilot96 wrote:
Cardo Scala Bluetooth helmet headset...works great!!There is an option to buy a single headset..check out Ebay also. I was able to pick one up for less that$60. Just gave it to friend since I upgraded to a two up system.

Question, what can you do on the road if your battery runs down in the headset before you're done riding for the day? Can you hook up to a charger on the bike and keep using them? I sometimes ride longish days, 12+ hours, and I'm guessing they would not run that long continuously without a recharge?

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

My wife and I, as well as some riding buddies went with the SENA SMH-10s. We're also impressed.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
wingpilot96 wrote:
Cardo Scala Bluetooth helmet headset...works great!!  There is an option to buy a single headset..check out Ebay also.  I was able to pick one up for less that $60.  Just gave it to friend since I upgraded to a two up system.

Question, what can you do on the road if your battery runs down in the headset before you're done riding for the day?  Can you hook up to a charger on the bike and keep using them?  I sometimes ride longish days, 12+ hours, and I'm guessing they would not run that long continuously without a recharge?

Thanks,
John
John,

When we were riding to Van Duzen, we had the intercoms running for 8 hours. I haven't kept track when I'm just listening to music. I'm thinking that just music should last a bit longer. This is for the Q2 Pro. They have the expensive G9's that have longer battery life.

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

tigger wrote:
John,

When we were riding to Van Duzen, we had the intercoms running for 8 hours. I haven't kept track when I'm just listening to music. I'm thinking that just music should last a bit longer. This is for the Q2 Pro. They have the expensive G9's that have longer battery life.
Thanks. I'd be curious to know how long they would run with both music and commuications running.

John

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
imported post

My wife and I use Sena SMH-10 units. They are the bees knees. Excellent product, easy blutooth sync, long battery life. They have a very large function button on the sides of the unit, easy to use even with gloves on. Excellent sound quality. If you set them up to tap and talk vs open mike (VOX) they last a good 12 hours or more.

Ride long and often.

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

wilkoi wrote:
My wife and I use Sena SMH-10 units. They are the bees knees. Excellent product, easy blutooth sync, long battery life. They have a very large function button on the sides of the unit, easy to use even with gloves on. Excellent sound quality. If you set them up to tap and talk vs open mike (VOX) they last a good 12 hours or more.

Ride long and often.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.