Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Next weekend, I will be riding the GL to the phoenix. I can hardly wait. However, my son will be in the car with my wife and I would love to use the CB to talk with him. The GL did not come with a mic or a headset. I have check e-bay and several stores and most are selling a dual headset up. Any ideas where I should look to get a single headset and mike with the correct pin out? I was told to check radio shack which I will do today.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,710 Posts
imported post

J&M will sell you just a single setup. I'm short on time so can't give you the link. Will do that later if it hasn't been done within a couple of hours.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks but no need, i have check them out.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I have a set of those. Not bad, for the money.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I have a set in one helmet and I have the expensive set in my good helmet :)But to be honest ,apart from the size of the mic ,they both sound the same to me :baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

Yip, just ordered a J&M headset for my Open Face because of the extreme heat over here. The Flip-up helmet witch the wife and i use is to dam hot,but she refuse to use open face so i only ordered one extra set for my new open face helmet i still have to buy. Anny suggestions which open face's are recommended :baffled:?

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I ordered a set off ebay. Honda doesn’t make them anymore. They simply sell you a helmet with them integrated. I asked why, because every wing I have seen has had a CB and they said that most folk aren’t buying/using them anymore. I ride with a large group in SoCal, and there are 4 or so wings all of who plan a channel to chat on for the ride. I hope to be in on that chat soon/

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

Good day Gentlemen
Just thought I would add a comment on those intercoms,the group I ride with pretty much all of us have the sets and the cheap ones work just as good as the expensive ones but are less then 1/2 the cost,,,here in Ontario,Canada anyway.
So by my experience,the cheapies are we worth your money

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

i have a gold wing head set from my gl1200 aspencade that i dont use becasue i sold the bike make me an offer and its yours

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Chrome World .com they have these headsets on sale this month as luck would be. At present we both have about 6 helments each and everyone has a head set.

Grizzly55

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
imported post

Mustang, your headset for the aspenade still available?? I have an 85 LTD and could use them. Let me know. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.