Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headsets

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  wingin family 
#1 ·
imported post

I am looking to add headsets for my 1500 Aspencade. I don't want phone attachments etc, just to hear the radio and intercom to/from the pillion.

I assumed I just needed headsets with a 5-pin din plug. However, my local Honda dealer is recommending an Autocom kit which seems to include an extra attachment to attach into the loom in place of the standard socket already on the bike.

What do I actually need to just listen to the radio and intercom, preferably without getting too expensive?

#2 ·
imported post

About all you need is a headset with mike, and the lower cord that plugs into the bike. I have Chatterbox headsets that cost me $80 US and came with the cord that plugs into the headset and the one that attaches to that and plugs into the bike.

Edsets are favored by many on this forum and some like JMs. In all cases all you really need are the headsets for the type helmets you have, equipped with the DIN plug that plugs into the bike. If you're not sure, drop an email to the vendor of the headset you're interested in and ask them if the headset comes with the cord to plug into the Honda audio system.

#4 ·
imported post

Once again, the wing is already set up for the headsets. You will only need to purchase the headset for the helmet you are going to be installing. As the others have stated there are many different brands, mine is J&M. I have a full faced helmet and the headsets (wife's too) have been installed and working fine for 13 years. I know the J&M are a little pricier, but I have had great success with them over the years, not a problem one.

One thing to remember, you didn't state you have a co-pilot, but if you do, the bike might develop an unusual whine.....:goofygrin:. Just kidin around, don't tell my co-pilot, wouldn't have her any other way!!! :D

#6 ·
imported post

I have a question relating to headsets.

I go to these sites and eBay looking at headsets and I see in the description that they are for GL1500/GL1800. Will these also work on the GL1200? Aren't they all the same? If not, what is the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.