Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My new to me 1500 has the sterio intecom and cb. There is a front and rear plug for these. What kinda plug do i need to hook up a headset and what are my opions for a heads set. realy don't need mic at this ppoint but may not hurt . ear buds would also be fine.

Wilf

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

Both "Electrical Connection" and "Sierra Electronics" are able to provide you with adapters which convert the five pin headset connection to a 3.5 mm earbud plug.

Sierra's is a more reasonable cost.

Just be aware that if you use earbuds, you may be experience mild alternator noise........that has been my experience. If you use headphones or the external speakers..........no noise.........also my experience. Don't know why and have tried all sorts of noise suppression.

I use satellite radio on my 1500 and just plug earbuds directly into that and experience no noise that way.

If you have difficulty finding the adapters on above companies sites (Sierra's is a little counter intuitive) PM me.

Cheers!

T.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

Good info, I'm not as lucky with my headphones (vs buds) as my wife and I can both hear the "whiny" alternator type noise at times, and the electronic popping as the turn signal is signalling, or when my rear brake modulators are doing their thing, not really bothersome, just something else that's there. I haven't tried any noise suppression stuff :). Good luck :)!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.