Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,

Being a bit green on the Wing scene and just having bought a new model can anyone advise me about headsets please?

Do I automatically assume that the Honda headsets are the ones to go for, or does an aftermarket manufacturer make something superior?

I need headsets for me and my wife, possibly for open face helmets as well as full face. I'll be taking phone calls and my wife will want to listen to her ipod or the radio.

Am I right in thinking we can listen to music through the headset as well as out loud through the Wing's speakers? (Not at the same time obviously)

Thanks in advance,

Mark

·
Just one of the guys
4,804 Posts
imported post

I have a model made by EDSETS. Good Stuff. I had a full face helmet and got the model designed for that, it has a stick on microphone you atach inside the helmet chin bar. It was always noisy. I went to a modular helmet and ordered their boom mike, background noise gone. Even with a full face helmet I recommend the boom mike.

To use the phone will require an additional interface. I don't have one but lots of folks on here do so you will be getting some good advice about them soon.

You can listen through the bike speakers or through the headsets, your choice.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
imported post

i bought the sena headset this year and i love it,you can receive phone calls or listen to music and even talk from one motorcycle to the other.very easy to work with and lasts at least 14 hours without recharging.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

SHOW CHROME MAKES ONE THAT CAN BE PUT IN EITHER AN OPEN FACE OR FULL FACE HELMET. PART NUMBER IS 13-201. J&M ALSO MAKES SEVERAL THAT ARE REALLY GOOD. I HAVE ONE BUT MOVED IT TO ANOTHER HELMET AND BROKE THE CLIP.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Check out the Nolan N-COM helmets/bluetooth/Goldwing setup.

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

I vote for the Senna Bluetooth headsets. One can pipe so many things into them that you could get overload. The ability to have communications with the war dept. when stopping for gas and she is looking for munchies is nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.