Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just got my headsets ordered (J & M HS BCE279-UN-HO for open/flip/ and full face helments. These will be installed in two HJC IS33 3/4 helments. Has anyone done this set-up and if so, any comments or pointers would be great...... Ride Safe!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum!

I've not done it in the IS33's, but I have installed them in Scorpion EXO-700's, Nolan 3/4, HJC CL-Max and Shoei Multitec modular helmets. They're all a little different but if you read and follow the directions it's pretty easy.

For tips, most will require some modification to the ear pocket, read that as cutting some of the styrofoam out. Properplacement/alignment with the ear canal is pretty critical, so don't assume where the MFG has the ear pockets will be the exact place. I recomment putting the helmet on and with your finger, find the spot on the helmet that aligns with your ear canal, hold your finger in place on the helmet as you remove it so you can see the center of where the speaker should go. This makes a huge difference on the sound quality. A hobby knife works well for cutting out the styrofoam but a box knife works too. If you happen to have a right angle drill and some small hole saws that's the best and cleanest. If the liner comes out, that's the easiest for access to the styrofoam. Cut the holes so the speakers fit snug in the holes. It not only helps for positioning but it also helps the bass response.

Also, when you are mounting the clamp for the mic and speaker harness, find a spot where the mic will line up with your mouth properly.

John

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
imported post

to add to jluvs2drive,that is the same one i put in my z1r helemets. when you connect the head speakers up,the wire are small and can come unplugged.either tape the to inside of helmet or tape the connection or both.nothing worse tha riding and loosing sound in one ear piece

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
imported post

I've done this on my sons IS33.

The install is straight forward and pretty easy until you want to attach the microphone boom holder. The almost requires 3 hands to do and the IS33 has a wierd plastic edge that will make it difficult to clamp onto.

Stay with it - and it will work out...but it wasn't easy....it just requires perserverance....

Getting the boom mike in front of the mouth is critical to good sound quality so pay attention to the postioning on the mic.

The sound quality of the end product is excellent!

Typical J&M product :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I normally have a lot of patience! Did you have to cut away any to fit the speakers, or did the speakers fit well centered in the space allowed. (centered with your ear canal. ? Also, how would you rate the wind noise.. Reviews I have read were rated high in this regard... Thanks!!

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
imported post

No cutting...They kinda just fit OKAY...

It's my sons helmet so I can't speak to windnoise...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.