Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a heated suit, like insulated overhauls, and though it won't need cleaned allot I'm gonna need to wash it sometimes but how?

My heated socks, now those I expect I will need to wash often if I wear them often. Again how?

Should I wash the socks by hand and hang to dry? Or just toss them in washer dryer with the other socks and stuff?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Give it to the old lady and wait till you get them back.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

I have Gerbing's gear. They recommend hand washing in Woolite and hanging to air dry. I agree with Rudy, give it to the wife then.....DUCK!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Before you begin, check for washing instructions on the garment, or on the manufacturer's web site.

If you can't find any laundering/washinginformation ..... Yes .... hand wash in Lukewarm (not hot) water with a mild clothes detergent, in either a large laundry sink/tub, or in a bath tub. Instead of bunching/crunching/wringing it up as you wash it/them, gently swish them around and gently folding them/it over onto itself, more like a very gentle massage/kneading bread. You don't want to stress the wires/heating elements,inside.

When you are done the 'wash cycle', gently gather the object(s) being washed and press lightly against the side of the tub to squeeze out the water, while the water in the tub drains. Then fill the tub again with fresh lukewarm water and swish the garment(s) gently around and repeat the the 'squeeze/refill' process, until the water runs clear (no soap residue) from the garment(s).

Then gently squeeze (do not wring) the remaining water out. Support the garment(s) and lay on a towel spread out, flat. Encase the garment with the towel and 'sponge dry' as best you can, changing towels if need be, before hanging garment up to dry on a clotheshanger.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks.

And giving them to the wife won't work. She shrinks everything and the suit is just right or a tad small now as it is.

Gee, I can barely get into the jeans I wore 2 years ago now.
Course she tries to tell me it's from eating too many BIG Breakfasts since I got the 1500 LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.