Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wife wants to buy heated gloves for both of us. Most we seen are very thick and she was wondering if thinner ones are available.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

I suppose heated gloves tend to be made thick to provide insulation, both to allow the heat to be kept inside and to protect the hands fro direct contact with the heating elements which might otherwise cause discomfort or burns.

Even so I had to resort to a switching arrangement which allowed the gloves to be used in series rather than in parallel, so 6v across each glove rather than 12v, to avoid them getting uncomfortably hot.

Mine were quite bulky gloves but wonderfully successful in cold and/or wet weather nonetheless. I could cope with the bulk of the thick gloves while riding, even though it wasn't ideal.

I've since dispensed with heated gloves in favour of unheated gortex (therefore waterproof) winter riding gloves and heated grips. These aren't quite so warm because the outside of your hand isn't heated but it's enough for me, in UK temperate winters anyway.

Thick gloves would be less of a disadvantage to a passenger of course. I've never come across any thin heated gloves.

Hope this is of some use.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts

·
Major Enthusiast
238 Posts
imported post

These are really thin, and amazingly warm. i use them under my fall deerskin gloves, and it is MUCH better than my Gerbing G3 or original Gerbing gloves. Those are bulky and make it hard to use your hands. And, I REALLY don't like a gauntleted glove. Since my arms are too short for my tummy, a jacket that fits has sleeves that drag on the ground. Add gauntlets to the long sleeves, and I end up with an uncomfortable lump of fabric at my wrists. Also, getting all the zippers and fasteners done up after you've put the heavy gloves on is a challenge.

http://www.powerlet.com/product/rapidfire-heated-glove-liner/481

JMHO, YMMV

=Dave=
GWBBA #9
rocketmoto.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.