Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

FYI: Last year I bought a pair of Tourmaster Synergy heated gloves. They were new to the market and I liked the way the thermostat was actually on the right glove and had buttons to control it. I also liked the price which was about the same as the Gerbing's except that it included the controller, Gerbings had a substantial cost for their controller. Here's a shocker....You get what you pay for!

The synergy gloves had to be returned almost imediately because the right thumb wire was looped way to short leaving the thumb largely unheated. The gloves work reasonably well after that but needed to be on high almost all the time when it was basic winter cold out. In March I rode to Florida from Mass and felt a bit of a pinch on my right hand just below the pinky. It turned out to be a wire in contact with my hand resulting in an actual blister. Still in under warrantee I returned tham to the vendo who offered my a refund, I quickly accepted the offer.

I ordered a pair of Gerbing's Classic Gloves with a dual permanant controller and used them today for the first time. I feel like a complete moron for ever even considering anything else. First of all the Gerbing's heat up almost instantaniously while the Synergy gloves took minutes (meanwhile frost bite would set in). Additionally the Gerbing's are legitimately HOT when on in the full position. I love them. I'll be ordering the heated jacket liner next.

I was penny wise and pound foolish, no doubt. Don't make the same mistake.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

my wife has a pair of gerbings, and I have a pair of HD (that look identical to Gerbing) and we really like them... only one complaint, they are almost too hot. but you are right the quality is top notch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.