Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

I have both, yet if I had to choose one then I'd say the Heated Grips.

The reason is Safety... eg The ability to wear my summer gloves gives me much better throttle control than when I wear the thicker winter gloves.

Using heated grips and summer gloves allows me to ride down to 30F... Only below that I will put on the winter gloves.

Besides that, the heated grips are just plain"nice"... I tend to keep then on low all the time, and find that my hands are not as tired as they otherwise would be, at the end of a ride.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I installed the heated grips in March,,,, and I'm glad I did :coollep:. I've never had the heated gloves, so I can't really speak for them,, except that I've been told by "Dusty Boots", that the wires got to be a bit of a pain and he also prefered his grips.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

khmerkid14 wrote:
hey members;

just wanted some feedback on heated grip or gloves.
Are you talking aboutheat gloves or heated grips, or plain gloves or heated grips.

I use plain gloves and heated grips

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

Never had heated grips, but have a pair of Gerbing heated gloves and love 'em. I don't find them bulky.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I have both, but find hooking the wires of the gloves up and then unhooking them when getting fuel etc a real pain, so I rarely use them.

If I had it to over again, I'd go with the grip heater kit and a pair of Hippo Hands, which will create dead air and allow you to use a much thinner/tactile pair of gloves, in combination with the grip heater kit.

Dusty

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I prefer the gloves. I have heated grips, and find the Widder gloves to work out better for me. I do have very long wires, and to do dainty stuff, I just pull the glove(s), and let it/them dangle from the cord. Not really a pain at all. With grips, and light gloves and down to 30's, I find my hands so stiff, I may as well be wearing thick mittens. So, with heated gloves, the overall experience, resulting in toasty hands works out best for me.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

there are 3 ways to go, 1 is the "hot grips" way, nice but can't change the grip part, 2nd is the "symtec" heated grip, this will allow custom grips, 3rd is heated gloves already mention.

I have had the hot grips on a couple motorbikes, so soothing that I had them on almost every ride

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
I have both, but find hooking the wires of the gloves up and then unhooking them when getting fuel etc a real pain, so I rarely use them.

If I had it to over again, I'd go with the grip heater kit and a pair of Hippo Hands, which will create dead air and allow you to use a much thinner/tactile pair of gloves, in combination with the grip heater kit.

Dusty
Agree with the HippoHands. Since I relocated to the PNW, I haven't had to wear gloves, using these. That, and my heated seat? I'm set.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

There are gloves that are made with thin palms and thicker insulated backs to be used with heated grips or grip heaters. Google it and you will find them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.