Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

OK, I've got a set of Symtec or Dual Stars as referred to on the way. I don't like the stock grips from Honda(rubber) and cost is about $25 for replacements.

I have the Kury ISO on currently. I wouldn't think the ISO's would be good to use with the heating elements(please correct me if my thoughts are wrong) due to the metal would retain the heat inside the grip element area. I want that heat getting out to my hands.

I found a set of the 6" Rubber-Foam-Grips for only $16 shipped. Chrome caps and rubber with the foam around them. I've used similar on another bike and like them.

Questions is: Would these grips work good with the elements? Would the foam insulate the heat and keep it in or would the foam heat up too and radiate the heat?

I really hate those small rubber stock grips and like the chrome accents with the foam-rubber. Which should I order? Any tips appreciated.JR

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

I have installed a pair of slip over foam grips on my 1800 w/heated grips,Makes the grip the propper size for me and works well.Check out cyclemax of Ohio for them,they are about $10.00

·
Administrator
27,926 Posts
imported post

I have the ISO grips and the heaters work just fine with them. Just put them on about 10 days ago and love them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.