Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heated grips and seat. 08 Wing.

New grips pretested and work. Seat works on another bike but not mine. Ran all the voltage and Ohm testing per the manual twice. Everything checks out within spec.

New Heater Control module installed Relay is also working correctly. All switches checked for Ohm's and voltage - pass.

The pink color wire between Heater control & ECM has continuity and about 9.5 volts when trike is on but drops to zero when running.

Anyone got an answer to my problem. Hoping it's not the ECM

·
Administrator
27,122 Posts
I have never determined what the ECM does to activate the heaters, the manual doesn't say but It probably is a ground signal to tell the heater controller the engine is running & the alternator charging. Your measurement seems to confirm that. If it were a problem the grip heaters wouldn't work either. In fact if there is something wrong with any of it the grip heaters shouldn't work.

·
It aint rocket science
3,957 Posts
Well then, with a DMM what charging voltage are you getting at the battery while idling?

EDIT: I get the impression grips are also inop. from the thread title and that new grips worked only when pre-tested?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts