Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Gerbing heated jacket online to go with the heated gloves I already own. The price was too good to pass up...$99 for their $249 jacket. The caveat was that the only size they had was a larger size than what I would need as a liner where they recommend the liner being tight close to your skin. I figured for that price I’ll try it out. Got it today, if I was buying a jacket it would be the perfect size (I like my jackets a little big)...as a liner it is definitely big. I’ve ridden around today to try it out. It’s not especially cold today...close to 50 degrees, so hard to tell how it would perform in colder temps. I could feel the heat and it was warm though obviously not as warm as if it was close to the skin as they reccomend. This thing looks and feels like a regular jacket instead of just a liner...is anyone else wearing a liner as if it were a jacket or have any thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
My wife wore a Gerbing electric jacket liner for many years. Kept her warm on several long cold trips. She wore it under her winter riding jacket. Rated at 77 watts and draws about 6.4 amps.

I had a Gerbing electric jacket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was also considering the Gerbing LT electric jacket (not the liner, the actual jacket). They are normally $249 but being sold for $125, so once again a good price. Db, you said you used the electric jacket, not the liner correct? Did you like it?

·
Administrator
24,503 Posts
I moved this to the general forum, it is not a technical question about a Goldwing specifically.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I bought a heated liner from Cycle Gear and am very happy with it. It's a bit large (doesn't fit snugly) so I wear a light snug-fitting vest over it for max efficiency. Then, of course, a riding jacket over everything. I also bought their heated glove liners, which work well.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Was also considering the Gerbing LT electric jacket (not the liner, the actual jacket). They are normally $249 but being sold for $125, so once again a good price. Db, you said you used the electric jacket, not the liner correct? Did you like it?
Yes...and...Yes...!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts