Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Both my heated grips and seats quit working.:( Anyway took the bike to the dealers. The dealer just called me and said that the right heated grip is bad which is causing the left grip and seats not to work. :baffled: I looked at the wiring diagram and am not convinced that this would happen. I believe if the right grip is bad the left grip would not work but the seats should. The more likely cause for both not to work would be a bad heater relay.:stumped: I am not an expert on wiring stuff so, if someone who is, and has nothing better to do, check it out and let me know want you think! Yes, I have checked the fuses. Yes, I have tried stopping and restarting the bike. Yes I have checked the wiring connectors under the seat and under the front panel. Thanks!

I am also the one with a intermittent kill switch malfunctioning. This trip to the dealers a different service manager was there. He has a call into Honda to see if they will let him replace the kill switch. His concern was the safety issue as was mind. I've already thanked him for at least trying. I just wish there were more folks like him working there.

·
Honda Guru
2,054 Posts
imported post

Yes, the grip(s) being inop will cause the seat and backrest heaters not to work.... I saw this on a friends 1800. The exact same thing happened. In his case it was the left grip that had gone bad. But the seat and backrest wouldn't heat... when the grip was replaced everything worked correctly.:cool:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I knew I wasn't very good with them electrical diagrams.:cheeky1: I'm happy now knowing someone else had the same problem. I'll sleep well tonight.:) Thanks!:waving:

·
Honda Guru
2,054 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear everything worked out ok... nice havin' the heat on those chilly morning rides

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Everything seems to be in series - which means if one bit gives up the ghost so do the others in sympathy.

Now, because it is the RH side thats bad and the 'kill' switch as well, there maybe a trapped wire or some bad connections on that side of the handle bars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.