Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we know the early wings don't have much amperage left to power other things..

Have been looking at heated vests and gloves. The major manufacturers vests pull like 9/10 amps each.:sadguy: The vest I picked up pulls about 2.5 amps on high and self regulates to a max temp of 135. So between two vests and two pair of gloves I'am pulling like 8 amps max. I have switched most all lights to LED and sitting at idle the 1200 wing is charging at 13 volts.:)
Instead of wires or carbom fiber this company uses a rubber like polymer sheet thats conductive and heats nicely.

I run 40 miles one way to work. Leaving the house at 0600 in 25 degree F temperature and stay warm. My hands get cold walking through the parking lot into work not on the ride in.
I did 100 mile loop one morning with the temperature starting at 25F and it stayed below 30F and stayed warm, no problems.
Check out this company.

Look up this site: http://www.exo2theheatinside.com/

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Thanks, that looks interesting. Been thinking of going heated gear for a while now, it would makes things more bearable on the cold days before the weather fully turns and makes us put our bikes away for the Winter..

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Looks good but I'll stick with Gerbings, they've been around for a long time and also supply heated clothing for the US military. Milspec usually means something pretty durable. I have a pair of Gerbings G3 heated gloves and a heated jacket liner. They are worth their weight in gold during the winter. I've spent all day riding in the mountains when the temps never got higher than 28F. The most amazing thing, a couple times I had to turn down the heat because I was too warm and my hands were sweating. I've wired my Silverwing scooter so I can use my electric gear and it's even better on the scooter since it's fairing is a lot narrower and not as effective in keeping the cold away as well as the big Wing. I still find it comfortable to ride the SW in below freezing weather as long as the roads stay dry.
I don't know why it took me so long to get a set of Gerbings, but I'm sure glad I finally did, it makes about four months a year a lot more pleasant riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.