Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 comfort/navi/ABS , got it home and found the seat heater doesnt work..I checked all the fuses and they look good...Any suggestions on where to look and what to look for now ??

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,586 Posts
From what I've read, some of the seats and grips don't get warm enough for you to tell that they're working.

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
What was the ambient temperature when you tried it? The warmer it is the less heat they put out. They do take quite a while to warm up, a good 5 minutes.

Reactions: noviwinger

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Check the navistator 3 prong connection under the centerstand, it could be going bad. Seriously, I don't know. Just had to reply some kind of answer.😁

·
1,698 Posts
Seat heating and grip heating are controlled by the same controller .If there is a fault in a component nothing works .The typical fault is a defective left grip. (My theory is that people turn the grip when they put the motorcycle up on central stand and destroy / breaks the heating wire).
But be aware (as mentioned) that the seat does not heat up if it is already hot, and that it takes some time before you can feel the heat. The seat heating is "directed" by thermistors built into the seat - one for the driver and one for the passenger.
Does your grip heaters work ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seat heating and grip heating are controlled by the same controller .If there is a fault in a component nothing works .The typical fault is a defective left grip. (My theory is that people turn the grip when they put the motorcycle up on central stand and destroy / breaks the heating wire).
But be aware (as mentioned) that the seat does not heat up if it is already hot, and that it takes some time before you can feel the heat. The seat heating is "directed" by thermistors built into the seat - one for the driver and one for the passenger.
Does your grip heaters work ?
My grip heater works like a champ....They get very hot..

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
My grip heater works like a champ....They get very hot..
Then the seat heaters probably work or someone has figured a work around where the grip heaters will work without them. It is a stock seat, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts