Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Morning Gang,

I understand that alternators are some what problematic, well maybe better put they have a shelf life that is in the 60,000 km range. My question is, are guys replacing them when they go or taking them to the Auto Electric Rebuild Shop and having them rebuilt? If they are being rebuilt is there a method of getting them rebuilt to put out more Amps? In other words can you get them rebuilt to be a higher output alternator ? What is the output of a stock alternator and what is the output of the heaviest duty one available? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Regards,

Greener

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi greener if you want a high out put you have to go for the compufire 90amps, the milage on the bike is not so important for the ault to fail its the load applied to it that takes its tole on brushes and berings not to take away from bagmaster i was told you cant get a higher out put from the stock ault

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hi Agnogel,
I agree with the idea that it is directly related to how hard it has to work vs km's. I was hoping to put the high output alternator in for that very reason, it would not be working as close to its maximum output in the amps dept. and in the end it would last longer....I would hope.

Thanks for your comments ,

Greener

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.