Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have weakness in my left foot. its getting difficult for me to pull up on the shifter lever.

what do you guys reccomend?

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
imported post

I recommend that you find a member that wants to ride your bike. :banana::waving::ROFL:

Awww, guess your not even lookin at me. hehehe
I think your on the right track and the heel/toe shifter may just cures what ails you.
Rick

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

I have loose cartilage in my knee, so the twisting and lifting action can be a problem. My bike came w/ a heal/toe- I love it, problem solved!

Since I did not have to go through the process of locating and installing, that's all the assistance I have to offer, but I'm sure good info is only a few mouse clicks away...

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

A heal/toe shifter should solve your problem but you have to be gentle when using them . The 1500 gearbox shifts like a tractor especially upshifting low gears.
With a little practise it should be just what the doctor ordered !

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

I hate mine. I hate floorboards too, but they came with the bike. I'll go back to stock ASAP.

If you were closer i'd swap you over in a heartbeat.

Dave.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,150 Posts
imported post

Took me a while, but I learned to love the Heel Toe shifter on my 1500.

It is going to stay for as long as I can straddle her and ride.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

my dad has a condition called "foot dropsy" its some kind of neurological thing as soon as i can find him a suitable 1500 we are going to buy an electric shifter for it,,,, pricey at 900.00 but he wants to ride so i'll put it on it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.