Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
imported post

I have one on my 1100. I didn't like it at first, but because of the size of my feet (16EEEE) I have no real choice other than a whole lot of custom fab work. After riding with it for a few months, I think I will keep it.

+It allows a sasquatch like me to ride
-floor boards to drag on tight corners
+more comfortable than stock pegs
-substantial movement required to shift gears

all in all I think it boils down to personal choice. Try it for a while, but save your stock parts until you are sure you want to keep the h/t.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

I have had bunion surgery on my left foot and it's still painful to upshift using the top of your toe. Heel/Toe shifters eliminate that. A good thing, at least for me.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
imported post

I would like to see somebody that is able to make a set of floorboards with or without heal toe shifters that you could raise or lower and set different angles while riding. We all have different comfort zones as well as inseam lengths and body sizes. It would be nice to have a set where you can change the position of the floorboards while riding with out stopping to do this. Does anyone out there have an idea of how this could be done. I am sure there is as there are a lot of smart people on this forum.

Dirt

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.