Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I went out to inspect on how hard it was going to be to remove the cover so I could get to the shifter spring problem and Got Down to look.

Immediately finding this !

WOOOOPS ! LOL !!!!

Attachments

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Thats not a pretty picture! Another seal to change! Fortunately its easy to get at. Interesting to see how many viewers can identify that part, I had to look 3 or 4 times...

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ya think? lol !

I was thinking the same thing looking under there. But believe it or not this wet looking black stuff was road grime Soaked with antifreeze dripping off the top of the head.

I have a bunch of degreaser and engine cleaner so its going to get a big bath soon. I am sure I will find all the leaks at that time. Carbs are getting cleaned tomorrow.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

So what are we looking at? Is it the clamp end of the shift lever binding against something?

:stumped:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yeah, I was previously mentioning shifter problems (different post) .

I looked around and found the problem.

No more picking up after shifting nor pushing down after shifting. Problem solved real easylike.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nice to have an easy one once in awhile. Especially that one, saved a LOT of work! Things are turning up for you!

:waving:

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

So this is a metaphorical representation on part of the motorcycle in indicating your past problems, shown here as the "grime," are now over and being easily washed off. Then youll be free to shift into "high gear" and go forward.:clapper:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

ran429, did you change the shifter shaft seal? If so, did you find that the new seal went in too easy. I've found this to be the case on a couple of 1200's I've worked, the seal was so loose on one that I had to use a sealer around the outside of the seal to keep it from leaking.

Vic

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Dave Campbell :waving: So thats how you have all these posts added up. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Dave Campbell :waving: So thats how you have all these posts added up. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:
Come on, REDWING, just one more and that new 1800 is yours!

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

:jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

might try cleaning it up sometime it can not hurt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.