Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Victory's new push has 3 grand off on the Cross country Tour another 1000 if you are military or retired military..1 year everything warranty 5 year power train warranty with unlimited mileage and 50 buck deductable. I test rode that bike for fun a few months ago and it is a nice bike. Just don't want any Payments of any type.:waving:

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

I don't know about that Brian. It might be a case of someone in charge is ex-military or is from a family with military connections, and wants to do something for them. It reminds me of a hotel I stayed in once in Italy. The owner was a biker and had a biker parking area, and gave a 15% discount on the room rate to anyone arriving on a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
They can't be selling too well if deals like that are available.
The whole industry isn't doing too well, is it? Honda is having a hell of a time moving bikes up here in Canada. The 2010 model Wings are price reduced $4000 from what I've seen, and there's big price drops across many other models too. Tough economic times.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Victory has had the military discount for years..I was mentioning the Warranty itself as kind of a good deal. Talked to a friend yesterday that told me his Brother had purchased a Victory Cross country last year.He said he was more then happy with the dealer and factory service and that the Bike has been Trouble free. His brother used to own a 1500 and wanted to buy a new 1800 but just didn't have the money to do so he opted for the Victory. He told me his Brother said it was not a Goldwing but still a Good Tour Bike.What he said was kind of nice was that from time to time he gets calls from Victory Customer service asking if everything is okay with the Bike and if there is anything that he sees that may be improved. He has nearly 16,000 on the bike uses it daily and has taken some pretty significant trips on it. he said the Victory Owners club is pretty similar to the insurance deal he had through Gold wing Riders.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Victory has had the military discount for years..I was mentioning the Warranty itself as kind of a good deal. Talked to a friend yesterday that told me his Brother had purchased a Victory Cross country last year.He said he was more then happy with the dealer and factory service and that the Bike has been Trouble free. His brother used to own a 1500 and wanted to buy a new 1800 but just didn't have the money to do so he opted for the Victory. He told me his Brother said it was not a Goldwing but still a Good Tour Bike.What he said was kind of nice was that from time to time he gets calls from Victory Customer service asking if everything is okay with the Bike and if there is anything that he sees that may be improved. He has nearly 16,000 on the bike uses it daily and has taken some pretty significant trips on it. he said the Victory Owners club is pretty similar to the insurance deal he had through Gold wing Riders.
I would see Victory trying to convert the HD crowd rather than the wingers (American made V-twin). Considering some of the bad press HD has been getting this type of warranty could swing a few deals. Could HD match it?

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I talk to Victory Riders from Time to time on trips. They are pretty much like us and lots of Rx older wing owners. They all have good things to say about wings and most say they just bought the Victory because of the made in USA deal. But they all appear to be happy with them. One Guy I talked to was on his second Victory He bought one of the originals. Said the ride was good but Tranny was real clunky. A few years ago the dealer gave him a deal he could not refuse on a new Cross country and he did it and has been happy with it. Myself I just like the old 1200I. If this one ever craps out to the Point It costs too much in time and bucks to keep up with I may Consider something along those lines. But for Right now I am more then Happy with My Wing.Its has never let me down.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

But you are right about some of the HD riders..Not all Now..Lots of the Older guys don't give a crap what you ride and I have ridden with many. Its mostly some of the younger Guys that think they are all In the Gypsy Jokers or something.

Lots of guys that are Diehard HD guys are the ones that took all the fallout during the AMF days and are still real defensive about those stereo types. Lots of Myths swirling around HD some true most false. Myself if a Guy wants to ride a 1939 Arrdvark its okay with me. It's his dime.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Interesting Article from 3rd qtr last year On Victory sales..they lost 56% the year before but after introducing the new lines popped it back up. Conversely HD lost 42 Million last year. So it appears that Victory is cutting into sales.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/604/8234/Motorcycle-Article/Polaris-and-Victory-Motorcycles-3Q-Sales-Up.aspx

Quote.

For the fourth-quarter, Harley-Davidson’s motorcycle sales dipped one percent worldwide, down 0.2 percent in the United States and 2.1 percent in international markets compared with the fourth quarter of 2009. This bodes well in comparison to industry-wide U.S. heavyweight motorcycle (651cc+) retail unit sales which decreased 14.8 percent in the fourth quarter compared to 2009 figures.

For the full year, Harley's motorcycle sales fell 8.5% compared with 2009. Sales were nearly flat at $4.2 billion.
Harley-Davidson also reported that it intends to ship more motorcycles to dealers in 2011. The Motor Company expects to ship 221,000 to 228,000 motorcycles to dealers and distributors worldwide, an approximate five percent to eight percent increase compared to 2010.

HD is still going to sell them worldwide and here in mass. But I think Victory has carved out a Goldwing like Niche in the market place.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Daryl Martel wrote:
BRowan wrote:
They can't be selling too well if deals like that are available.
The whole industry isn't doing too well, is it? Honda is having a hell of a time moving bikes up here in Canada. The 2010 model Wings are price reduced $4000 from what I've seen, and there's big price drops across many other models too. Tough economic times.
In the past two years in my area, 2 Harley dealerships, 2 yamaha dealerships and 1 suzuki dealership have closed their doors for good.:sadguy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.