Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's riding season in Daytona Beach. Just a few weeks ago, we completed October's bike week, and as always, it's Great !

I new to the Goldwings, but before my wife an I moved to Daytona Beach, I have never seen so many bikes, and especially trikes. From Fall through Spring Season, bikes are always rolling, and on any given day, about 20% of all the bikes out are trikes. It seems to be the bike of choice for couples in mid-life.

Well, my wife and I fit the group. We bought our 1st Goldwing in February, and could not wait for summer to be gone, to enjoy riding again. It's just too hot to ride in Florida during the heat of the summer. But from 1st week of OCT through MAY it is wonderful (7 months of riding).

I would like to ask for your assistance for some information I am hard time finding.

Is there a website or another source of information that can help me obtain the description and/or specification information for the "1996 GL1500A2" ? Also, regarding the "GL1500A Aspencade" and the "GL1500A2 Aspencade", I do not know what the differences are between the model "A" and the "A2" model, can you help ?

I am new to the Goldwing community, and seeking for description or specification information on the used Goldwing I purchased, 1996 GL500A2, original paint color is "Electric Blue". The cycle is in excellent condition, no rust, the paint is near perfect with 51,000 miles, I am very happy with it.

When I purchased my Goldwing from a family, through an estate sale,they did not know which model the Goldwing was. They only had the title and no other paperwork. The title model information stated on "GL1500".

Through my search, I have found several models for the 1996 Goldwings, but I do not know what the differences are, and are unable to find description / specification information on any of these models.
- GL1500A Aspencade
- GL1500A2 Aspencade
- GL1500I Interstate
- GL1500I1 Interstate
- GL1500E Goldwing SE
- GL1500E1 Goldwing SE
- GL1500E2 Goldwing SE

I was able to find from a website, that my Goldwing is a "1996 GL1500A2".

Honda Motorcycle VIN Decoder.
MOTOVERSE website. Identify Model by VIN Number:
http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vinDecoder.asp

Can you please help be obtain the description and/or specification information for a "1996 GL1500A2" ? I am looking for description information that is provided from the Honda Dealership when purchasing a new motorcycle. I have tried many avenues, including dealers and service manuals, but I am at a loss.

Thank You !
New Member, dshehan2000 :cheers:

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Welcome to the forum back to you from Illinois. I too ride in the same months as you believe it or not. I just have to make sure the roads are clear of snow and ice and there is no precipitation in the forcast. Hope you enjoy the forum. I do not have the Tech background as so many others on here do so I can't really be of much help on the lines of what you are asking. I would say though, if you go ahead and repost your questions in the tech questions thread or the general questions thread, I am more than sure you will get some answers. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
:waving:Greetings from N.Idaho and welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the internet. If used, this forum will supply you with great information and hours of simple entertainment.

·
Premium Member
73,634 Posts
Hallo dshehan2000

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with the Wing you buy.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Welcome:waving:dshehan2000

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum . I am sorry I can not say what the A2 means . A = Aspencade , which is a step up from the I = Interstate model (base model) . Your aspen should have reverse and radio with intercom , possibly a CB ( dealer install as I understand for Aspencade) SE is the top of the line , reverse , CB intercom radio , air adjustable front and rear suspension . You have probably found most of this info . If you havent read the history of the Goldwing here is a link on this site - Goldwing History

I can only speculate that the A2 might designate a California model which differs only in the addition of some air pollution control changes .

Enjoy the wonderful weather . I hope you enjoy the forum and visit often .

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Welcome to the forum from IL.

Ride safe :action:

Parman
:15magenta:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member