Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I signed on in December and am just now getting around to checking out more of this site.My wifepurchased me a (new to me) 82 GL1100 StandardWing, with 42,000 miles on it,for Christmas. It has sat for a couple of years, probably about 5, since that was the last time it was registered for the road in 2004. It supposedly ran just two years ago and I know my mother-n-law (is that a dirty word?)has ridden on it before. It was only $300 so I took it home without even looking at it except the day I picked it up. After getting it home and on the lift, I started seeing the work ahead of me. It's actually in good shape but I will go through everything. I am not new to bikes and have owned a 76 GL1000 in the past. This is however, the first bike I have decided to do any real maintenance to. The list of things to do seems endless but I need something to do with my new retirement anyway. I have looked around the tech forum and can spend hours getting information aboutlots of things to check and replace. All of your help so far has been really appreciated and very helpful. Thanks for having me andI look forward to talking to all of you. T. Rider

Attachments

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Boy that title attracted me...

Glad to have you and you will enjoy everything you are doing right now and after when you get it on the road again.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from Florida. :waving:

Looks like you've got a good start on her so far.

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum for the State of Confusion.......Kansas!! :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the site. Well if your wife bought you a bike for christmas to work on :cool:your doing alright.:shock:My wiffe said you want to buy what? Now she likes it though.:action:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum T Rider, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

Dont know if im allowed to do this as im new here as well.....but..WelcomeT-Rider from Yorkshire, UK:waving:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Tattoo wrote:
Dont know if im allowed to do this as im new here as well.....but..WelcomeT-Rider from Yorkshire, UK:waving:
Let step in here to make sure you know... HELL YES ITS ALLOWED. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome Tired Rider . You have found the greatest place to get info to refurb your bike . From the picture it looks quite nice . It must be at least an Interstate model , judging from the weight on the front fork and fairing mount. The "Standard" model has no fairing or saddlebags .

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
It must be at least an Interstate model , judging from the weight on the front fork and fairing mount. The "Standard" model has no fairing or saddlebags .
How can one tell? I was told it was a standard. The p.o. said it had the stero and bags stolen off of it and I wasn't sure if it ever had those things judging by the looks of the bike...

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Thanks everyone for the welcome. This is a great site and I find myself spending a lot of time here lately. I have picked up a lot of information browsing the threads and most of my questions have been answered without having to ask them. Nice to meet all of you and I'm sure I will spend a lot of time here in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.