Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud returning GoldWing owner after being gone 11 years. Just purchased a 1999 GL1500 SE.

I have already visited the SSGF site several times and found excellent needed information.

I am a retired high school teacher, an avid golfer, and I love riding in the beautiful mountains of middle and east Tennessee.

Look forward to being a regular visitor.

·
Premium Member
60,366 Posts
Hallo sawdust10950

Welcome back on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma
Enjoy the wing

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome,

Fellow GW rider to Goldwingfacts. I joined Goldwingfacts last year in January 2014. I have a HGW GL 1500, Blue, 93 Aspencade. Read my story below how I came across my GW.

I began riding motorcycles in the middle 70's while my dad was in the USAF stationed in Germany. My fist bike was a Honda 50, I rode that bike everywhere and always wore my helmet. Graduated H/S in 1977 and returned to the good old USA, God Bless America. After a few years I followed in my dads foots steps joining the USAF as a Security Policeman. I retired from the USAF, but I'm still playing copper here in San Antonio, Texas.

Back then I got away from riding, got married, kids, dogs, house, oh yea and my beautiful wife. I've wanted to start riding again for years, but just didn't get there. My oldest brother an avid bike rider for all of his life, still is, now retired, called and said he found a Honda Goldwing for sale. I told him I couldn't get into a M/C at the time. He told me he would help. While he was telling me about this GW, I was thinking to myself, I can't get into a bike right now. He then said the GW's the same blue as my old Ford Raner truck I used to have. Well I had to have it.

That was in November 2013 we bought the 1993 GW GL 1500 Aspencade. Just before attending the motorcycle safety course with our son Joseph in December 2013, my wife found a helmet and motorcycle jacket on our bed. My wife asked if I was buying a motorcycle, of coruse I said no! I'm just getting ready for the motorcycle safety course. Now the wife asked if I was buying one, not if I bought one. Very BIG difference between buying one and bought one. I know I'm messing with life as I know it. But what the heck, better to ask forgiveness, then to ask, "honey, sweetie, babe, can I buy a Honda Goldwing . YEA YOU KNOW THE ANSWER...

(Up date) My wife found out about my GW. Boy I thought she was going kill me, with, "why did you buy the MC". Nope she said I'm not getting on that. I told her I bought the GW for me not you. I then said you have your 68 Chevy truck, oh yea it's still not running, yea. But my GW is. She didn't say anything and seems to be okay with my GW, because if the GW has to go, I guess we will be looking for new garage to live in.

Ride safe, Live to ride, Love the ride, always wear a helmet and riding gear, to live to ride again, but most of all enjoy the ride and watch your 360 for cagers. :15blue:

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or hers life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" for an amout of up to and including their life. (Authot Unknown )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.