Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83' Goldwing GL1100A Aspencade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Just joined, and recently got my first Goldwing. I've got a 83' Goldwing GL1100A Aspencade. I've got a 81' for parts, and am doing what I can to bring this 83' back to its former glory, but I've got questions as well.

Both my 83' and the parts 81' did not have windshields, and I'd like to find an affordable factory windshield, or a similar aftermarket one.

I also need a right side cover, preferably in this colorway if someone happens to have one.

I'm gonna have questions about some of the electronics later, I'm sure.

This bike already has been fun for me, moreso just having to work on it, and has been enjoyable.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,268 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
eBay can probably cough up a cheap windshield. Quality (polycarbonate) shields will cost more.

Usually it's the left side cover that goes missing. Right side should be easy to match.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Hi guys! Just joined, and recently got my first Goldwing. I've got a 83' Goldwing GL1100A Aspencade. I've got a 81' for parts, and am doing what I can to bring this 83' back to its former glory, but I've got questions as well.

Both my 83' and the parts 81' did not have windshields, and I'd like to find an affordable factory windshield, or a similar aftermarket one.

I also need a right side cover, preferably in this colorway if someone happens to have one.

I'm gonna have questions about some of the electronics later, I'm sure.

This bike already has been fun for me, moreso just having to work on it, and has been enjoyable.
Hello, I am from ohio, too
50 miles northeast of Cincinnati

Reactions: Gh0sTly

·
Registered
83' Goldwing GL1100A Aspencade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where are you at as far as getting the 83 Asapencade running?
Its already running. The 83's starter was bad. I pulled the 81's starter and put it into the 83, and it fired right up.

Its a full digital gauge bike too. Its so 80sand its great.

·
Premium Member
72,967 Posts
Hallo Gh0sTly

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

Reactions: Gh0sTly
1 - 9 of 9 Posts