Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Folks,

Just got the chance to get onto the web and must tell you all what a great experience it is being abroad on a bike for the first time in 25 years. Today is day six of our journey in France.There are seven bikes in the group, a mix of 15s and 18s and one sidecar outfit. Also included are three trailers, one of which is so big it has a HGV sticker on it (well done Matt!!!...what a man...)

I am sure Wexman will have many tales to tell on his return, but I can assure you all that he has been behaving himself most of the time.

On our arrival in Roscoff, after avery rough crossing, we discovered some damage to our properly secured bikes. Mine was mainly bent bits, but Ciaran had a small hole punched in the side fairing. Add to that, Noel had a puncture as soon as we got off the boat!!! Not a great start! But we all got stuck in and helped sort the problems and off we set into the misty morning.... There is much more to follow, but I expect that we will do that once we get back. For our friends and relatives back home all is well with us...see you soon.:waving:

Steve18

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Well lads we are back and boy did we have one hell of a ball ....I have lots of stories ,,but sorry folks ,,what goes on tour stays on tour .....Needless to say we have next year booked already .....The French were fantastic and we got a great welcome ,,it was a laugh a minute from day one ,,I would travel anywhere in the world with the bunch of wingers that I travelled with and met on this trip ,,so all I can say is roll on the northern ireland bash ,,we will all be there .....ciaran

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Glad you enjoyed yourselves lads. That's what it's all about, having a bit of fun. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

Hi Folks

Yes Ciaran is right, what goes on tour etc..
So a big thanks to Ciaran, Dave, John, Noel, Matt, Les, Maureen and family. It really was an unforgettable trip, filled with great roads, long sunny days and lots of the "craic" over the CB and the "campfires". I can't wait to do it again.

Steve18:cool::clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Well done to everyone and home safe again. :clapper:Gosh i wish i was 30/40 again.

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

hey redwing ,,I am not that far behind you ,,,,never say die until you are 6 ft under ,,I am heading off to Italy again at the end of June ,,a few more years and I will need a trike :):):):) ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey wexman :waving:Well im 80 in Aug. how far behind are you. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

oh my god REDWING ,you are only a boy compared to me ......are you sure you are not getting confused with sheps age?:D:D:D:DCiaran

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.