Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
My name is Dick, my wife and best friend, Connie, is my co-rider.

I found this site during my search for a GL1500. What a great resource for Wing riders. I have already gleaned a lot of info, especially about my 'new' bike.
Last month, with my brother's help in Michigan, I found and bought a 1998 Pearl White SE with a matching Escapade LE trailer. It had 53K on it Oct 10. After riding it back to NM and the rides here it already has 57K + on it. We love it. It is a very nice upgrade from the 1200 we've had for 12 years.

I have been riding since high school - some 40 years ago!!! - can it really be that long?!? My wife of 31 years and I ride as much as we can. This year we sold the RV we had during the bringing up children era and have decided that for the years we can ride, this will be OUR RV! :thumbsup:

This is the 3rd Goldwing owned. There was an '81 1100 I had for a little over a year back in the late 80's. It got sold to fund part of graduate school. 12 years ago we bought the '85 Aspencade we have been riding until the new bike came home. It now sure seems sad and lonely sitting in the garage as we ride off on our new cycle.

Here are a couple of pictures of the new bike. This is the bike and trailer the evening we arrived back home in NM.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
Entering Texas - westbound on I40 on the way home. (the trailer was behind the car at this point because is was V-E-R-Y windy across TX and OK)
Motor vehicle Vehicle Road Mode of transport Motorcycle

That's it for now. I'm soon going to add some posts and pics of some rides we've taken this fall.
Looking forward to 'meeting' some new friends here.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dick & Connie

Looks like my 99 w/matching Escapade trailer. I received it from a friend 2 years ago with 57k on it(7/2010). Up over 103k now. I rode through WI a year ago to see the grandkids there in Hancock then to NH and ME then south bound in mid November. Left here Aug 12th, returned Dec 1st. 13,500 miles without a flaw other than trailer flat in Louisiana.
Congratulations on the wing and trailer and staying as a family!

Sent from my LS670 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73,497 Posts
Hallo NMWingRider

Welcom on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:NMWingRider

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts