Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Great forum, I received a lot of money saving tips, especially on timing belts! Just about got the suspension like new, except the rear shocks (but they are fine). Last year I completed the front and this year I finished the rear (pictures in my garage).
I'm after hitting a few pot holes and now the radio is very scratchy, I vainly checked the speakers and they are fine, I know its a loose wire but where? I believe it has to do with the tone button, or volume travel button next to the tune button, because one time I could touch and gently nudge them and the sound would become less scratchy. I opened the panel which they are attached (next to my left leg), and its not pretty (nothing I could see to do), I quickly replaced the four bolts and bolt covers (feeling as if pandora was escaping). I don't know what to do?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, all I did was remove the radio, and click it back into position. It didn't look dirty, but regardless I'll try, it'll be a cheap fix if it works.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,323 Posts
Yeah, it's worth a try. Also, some here have had results bending the contacts a bit. Also worth a try, maybe.

In my many years of using amplifier-type gizmos, I learned of a thing called a "cold solder joint". One of those can cause some noise too. I'm no tech, but I've heard of folks redoing every solder joint to fix one cold one. How good are you with an iron?

If you can't find the simple answer, Sierra Electronics can fix you up for a fair price.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Great forum, I received a lot of money saving tips, especially on timing belts! Just about got the suspension like new, except the rear shocks (but they are fine). Last year I completed the front and this year I finished the rear (pictures in my garage).
I'm after hitting a few pot holes and now the radio is very scratchy, I vainly checked the speakers and they are fine, I know its a loose wire but where? I believe it has to do with the tone button, or volume travel button next to the tune button, because one time I could touch and gently nudge them and the sound would become less scratchy. I opened the panel which they are attached (next to my left leg), and its not pretty (nothing I could see to do), I quickly replaced the four bolts and bolt covers (feeling as if pandora was escaping). I don't know what to do?

Thanks,
Paul
Where are the pictures of your garage?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.