Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have an 83 Aspencade GL1100. Just went to start it and have fluid ( Smells like gas but dirty) pouring out of the crankcase breather canister. Recently had carbs pulled and cleaned. Any ideas what problem might me. Sure seems like the bike is developing the same old age problems as myself.

Tom

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!:action:

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Welcome Aboard!:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the site...

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
imported post

WELCOME to the best forum on the web for wingers, bar none!! :waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the Forum from Alabama!

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

Check out the events thread about the big meet-n-greet (NASSIR 3) for next summer.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum14/81485.html

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

I recommend you post your question over in the technical section. Most of the gurus won't see it over here, and a lot more people frequent over there. Just a few of us greeters hang out over here on a regular basis.

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

:15red:Welcome to this Great Site!:12black:
Pull up a chair and join on in!
:stumped:Got a Technical question on your wing:stumped:
Technical Forum
:baffled:Got a General Motorcycle Question:baffled:
General Motorcycle Forum
:bowing:Most of all we're glad you joined and:bowing:
:action:look forward seeing you on the forums and on the road :action:

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!! :cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!! :action:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, from sunny Southern California :action:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello Tom and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
imported post

Welcome. I had that problem with a 450 Honda years ago. Seems one of the floats was stuck, and allowed gas to keep flowing. It ended up in the crankcase. Not sure if that's your problem, but something to look at.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

check you oil level. If it is really high, then like dwsonar says, you probably have a sticking float. You should empty your crankcase immediately to get the gas out of there.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The canister is removable for emptying. It should be emptied on a regular schedule. Un-clamp the hose, remove the mounting bolt with a 10mm socket and dump the contents.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from North Central Texas!
I could be wrong.
I think that the Crankcase Breather Storage Tank is a sealed hose/tank system, not anyway for it to overflow, connected to the bottom of the Air Box. It is used to drain moisture/fluids/contaminates from the air box. The one on my '83 was cracked and I resealed it with ABS Cement. The tank should be emptied every 4000 miles or more often if riding in rain or at full throttle. The normal contents is a dirty, oily, mess and smells like dirty oil/fuel, orafter ridingin rain, like water/oil.
The Crankcase Breather opening is located at the left side, top rear of the crankcase and has a breather hose connected to the bottom of the Air Box for venting the crankcase back into the intake of the engine.
I don't think there is a way for fuel to get into the Crankcase Breather Storage Tank even if you have a float sticking.
I do suggest that you checkyour oil level to make sure you don't have a float sticking allowing fuel to pour into the crankcase. If the Crankcase Breather Storage Tank is leaking, suggest that you seal it.
Maybe someone else has other suggestions or correct me if I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i also believe you have a fuel in your oil, check your oil levels, be careful, you might have fuel on one cylinder, it can hydro lock and can damage your engine rly bad. pull all plugs out, check floats.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. As already mentioned there should be a canister for the collection of blow-by liquids that requires periodic emptying. But it won't hurt to check the level and condition of the engine oil... :gunhead:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.