Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Don and I and I recently got a 2002 GL1800A after not having a Wing since 1993, and that one was a 1980! I loved the bike when I had it but life got in the way. I've wanted another bike ever since. I had an old Venture Royal for a couple of years but it wasn't the same!

I got a younger brother into riding many years ago and when he got his Wing he would let me borrow it every now and then. Brother number two bought a NEW bike this year, the Yamaha Transcontinental. A very nice bike to be sure, but still not a Wing. My wife thought that since both of my brothers now had bikes that I would want one too. That's what I love about her, she has a firm grasp of the obvious!

After trying out a friends bike this summer she asked me “ Do you really want a bike?” I then asked her if that was a trick question. So I've been wanting another Wing for about 25 years, within 72 hours of her deciding I should have one, it was sitting in the driveway! She was the one that actually found the bike on Craigslist. A 2002 GL1800A for about $4000 under list. Not the color I was hoping for but I can live with it! Of course on a 16 year old bike there have been a couple of problems which led me to this site, but all in all not bad.

I hope to learn a few things and maybe share a few as well.

Don

·
Administrator
24,654 Posts
Welcome Don, lucky guy to have a wife like that.

·
Premium Member
59,687 Posts
Hallo Don in WNY

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts