Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Goldwingers!

My name is sean and I live out in the country near Wilton, California. Wilton is south/southeast of the Sacramento Metropolitan area. I currently am retired after 35 years as a geologist with the Bureau of Land Management where I worked on renewable energy projects, more specifically, geothermal leasing of Public Lands and the development of those resources for electricity and agriculture. My passion for motorcycling is expressed through the teaching of Motorcycle Safety principles and skills.

I am lucky enough to have 4 motorcycles in my garage. I always wanted more than just one, and so I now have a mini-motorcycle shop in my garage. It gives me great of pleasure to see out and over four bikes, knowing perfectly well that I can only ride one bike at a time. The bikes I currently have are as follows:

1.) 2009 Honda Goldwing;
2.) 2008 Harley Davidson
3.) 2007 Yamaha FJR, and finally,
4.) 2005 HD-Road Glide

The problem I am facing is that my 2009 Goldwing has a issue with the headlights turning off at the start. I know the headlights are not burning out because I can see the filament , unbroken! A potential manifestation of this problem is also with the front turn signals. What at first appeared to be a burned out signal light , suddenly became a issue with neither of the two bulbs burned out. In addition to this problem, the power reverse button will no longer stay in the operating condition and must be held pushed in to work properly. When I took it in for a tuneup , the mechanic told me that the problem was in a relay in the handle bar/triple tree area or at least near the top of the hand bars. Has anyone experienced the same annoying problems and has a solution? I would be sooo appreciative to know the solution!

·
Magic Moderator
4,522 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have U with us.

·
Premium Member
64,247 Posts
Hallo seanhagerty

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts