Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I am working on my 1982 gl 1100 aspencade. Currently it is stripped down. Making some kind of bobber/cafe racer. So far Ive removed the old tank and carbs. Ive bought 2 weber carbs and the adapter from Randakks Cycles. Swapped the aspencade brakes onto '83 style rims that I got off a parts bike I bought. Chopped part of the frame for swapping spring locations. The tank I picked out of a salvage shop and I honestly have no idea which bike it came off but it fits nicely. And the oem honda key works on the key to the gas tank.

Ill keep yall up to date as I do more to it. Pls note that I did also swap the front rim to match the back in this photo later

Thanks and glad to be here

·
Administrator
58,407 Posts
Looks like you have a nice project going there.
do keep us updated, we are interested in all things Goldwings.

·
Premium Member
61,216 Posts
Hallo Sydthekid

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I like what you're doing. It reminds me of an 81 Wing I bought that had been wrecked. I had to replace the heads and when I got 'er running I took it for a ride, the bike was stripped down so only the necessities were there and I used a boat cushion for the seat. Was surprised at what that 1100 would do and had thoughts of doing just what you are but those didn't last long though. Keep us posted with updates to your project.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum and I like what you're doing. It reminds me of an 81 Wing I bought that had been wrecked. I had to replace the heads and when I got 'er running I took it for a ride, the bike was stripped down so only the necessities were there and I used a boat cushion for the seat. Was surprised at what that 1100 would do and had thoughts of doing just what you are but those didn't last long though. Keep us posted with updates to your project.

What stopped you from doing it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
What stopped you from doing it?
I was in my early 50s and wanted a full dress roadsofa LOL. I was at the point where I wanted comfort over speed even though I do have the occasional "wrist cramp" and my current Wing will get up n scoot when there is a need (or want).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts